Thursday 3 January 2013

Beautiful Books












Happy New Year! I hope 2013 will be another year full with exciting and wonderful opportunities and memories!
So, I've been on my blog's Twitter quite a bit recently and this evening I read lots of different blogs - From Islaay's post on her favourite bloggers of 2012 - and just was really excited to blog!
I thought I would write about these beautiful books I got given for Christmas from my Aunt, Uncle and Cousins.Although the weight of them added together is huge they are packed with clear images of style from the 18th and 19th century in one book and the 20th  in the other. In the first it book it takes you travelling through the 18th and 19th century seeing all the wonderful dresses that have some delicate and exquisite patterns on. It shows you the different corset women had to wear - even a metal one! 
Then the 20th century book takes you from the flapping 20's through the change of style when women where allowed to show their ankles and wear trousers! One of my favourite era's was the sixty's the 60's came with the mini skirt. Oh, its just all so wonderful! 
As you can tell, I could go on forever about these books because they really are just so interesting and wonderful there's so much to say!

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. these books look really cool! will definitely look into them more and maybe even make a purchase

    Sarah
    http://absolutelysarahx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I would definitely stride and take that purchase! haha!
      Christina xoxo

      Delete

© StyleStorey

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig